Match Report: Bryansburn Rangers 0 – 1 B United

Saturday 2 October

Win away

Ballynahinch travelled towards Crawfordsburn to face Bryansburn Rangers in the league before a two week cup sabbatical.

Stuart McMullan returned to the squad and accompanied Gavin Crawford and Ronnie Johnston in midfield.

The away side had the better chances with Scott Cheevers and Robbie Hagan unfortunately shooting over.

Aaron Cheevers and Taylor Graham combined on the left to supply Matthew Hall but the final ball couldn’t meet its destination, nor did Hall have better luck when he hit an effort from distance.

After the break, United were troubled early on until they found their feet again. They soon made changes with Ian and Graeme McMullan coming off the bench.

After a more even second half, United finally broke the deadlock. A long pass from goalkeeper Michael Vladeanu found Aaron Cheevers breaking through, he got ahead of the defender on the edge of the box but the Bryansburn man bounced the ball and smothered it on the ground with both hands. The referee had no choice but to show the red card.

Jordan Patterson stepped up for the free kick and pinged an unstoppable rocket into the top corner as the home ‘keeper watched in awe.

10-man Bryansburn went gung-ho and threw everything at United but they determinedly clung on with Scott Brashaw bringing a calm to proceedings.

Harry Bell came on and nearly doubled the lead but helped United to claim the three points and clean sheet!

Player of the Match: Jordan Patterson

Round up

Bryansburn Rangers 0 – 1 Ballynahinch United

Goalscorers Jordan Patterson
Player of the Match: Jordan Patterson
Competition:NAFL Division 1B
Ground:Ballywooley Park

Another three

At The Millbridge, The Swifts played Ardglass II.

The home team went ahead when Jamie McNeil’s cross-come-shot sneaked in before Ardglass scored twice before half-time.

After the break, Matthew Lindsay evened the scores when he coolly slotted home at the back post.

Dylan Fitzpatrick had a chance to put The Swifts ahead but his spot-kick was well saved by the goalkeeper.

However, Ballynahinch continued to threaten. John McMenamin whipped in a dangerous free-kick which found Diarmuid Lavery who finished well to make the score 3-2.

The last five minutes saw Ballynahinch clinging on as Ardglass pushed for another equaliser but when the final whistle blew, it was The Swifts who claimed the three points to put them 3rd in Division 1.

Round up

Ballynahinch United Swifts 3 – 2 Ardglass IIs

Goalscorers Jamie McNeill
Matthew Lindsay
Diarmuid Lavery
Competition:NADAFL Division 1
Ground:The Millbridge