Last Man Standing is a fun competition based on the Premier League fixtures where you have to predict a winning team each week until there is only one man (or woman) left. They will take half the winnings with the rest going to Ballynahinch United to help with club running costs and improvements.
Game Week 6
Game Week 6 has been delayed due to postponement of all Premier League fixtures because of the Coronavirus outbreak. Last Man Standing will resume if, and when the Premier League resumes.
Remaining entries will be asked to pick a team from the next announced fixtures.
Game Week 5
It’s the business end of the competition. Only 8 remain… Arsenal are most popular with 3 picks… but we can get a winner this weekend if only Liverpool, Leicester or Southampton win…
5 remain after weekends results
Game Week 4
In a wild weekend of results, many people suffered the calamity of crashing out. First out were all 14 that had selected Leicester vs Norwich in the Friday night fixture after The Foxes fell to a 1 – 0 defeat.
Saturday’s results weren’t much kinder, with Chelsea’s draw seeing another 6 eliminated from the competition. The remaining fixtures during the weekend saw 6 more miss out on progressing when Tottenham (1), Brighton (1), Southampton (1) and Newcastle (3) all failed to win.
That leaves just 8 still standing, having picked Man City and Sheff Utd – neither played after their games were postponed due to the Carabao Cup Final.
See who still stands, and if you’re one of the lucky 8, make sure to get your pick in before the first kick off (Saturday, 12.30pm)
Game Week 3
With 18 people waiting on Wolves to win in Game Week 3, they were all delighted to see them canter to a 3 – 0 victory vs Norwich while the seven who selected Man Utd to defeat Watford were equally delighted with the same scoreline.
Only 5 unfortunate people crashed out this week, with one on Bournemouth and the other four on Sheff Utd, who drew vs Brighton.
That leaves 34 still standing. The most popular pick going into Game Week 4 is Leicester, with 14 hopeful The Foxes can claim their first win since our competition began, when they kick off on Friday at 8pm, vs Norwich. Elsewhere, Chelsea (6) and Man City (5) are the next most popular choices.
Game Week 2
After Game Week 2, 39 remain! 24 people sailed safely through by default after Man City’s game vs West Ham was postponed – as is the rules. All of them selected Man City.
Only 2 unfortunate entrants dropped out this week, having picked Southampton – who lost to Burnley, and Chelsea, who lost to Man Utd.
In Game Week 3, 18 of the 39 remaining people are hoping Wolves will be able to beat bottom of the table Norwich on Sunday at 2pm, while 7 others have pinned their hopes on Man Utd – against second from bottom, Watford, at the same time.
See who remains after Game Week 2…
Game Week 1
There were 75 original entries and following the first Game Week on 1 and 2 February, 41 entries remain.
15 entrants chose Newcastle and unfortunately for them, the Toon drew 0 – 0 with Norwich which saw them crash out at the first hurdle. Meanwhile Man City (2), Arsenal (4), Man Utd (2) and Chelsea (1) also disappointed. Liverpool were the most popular choice with 35 people choosing the league leaders to get them through the first week.
For Game Week 2, the most popular choice is Man City with 24 people expecting them to beat West Ham. Sheff Utd is the next popular with 6 entries hopeful they can beat AFC Bournemouth, with only 1 person choosing Liverpool.
Check the list of who remains and their upcoming choices after Game Week 1.
How it works?
Fixtures started on Saturday 1 February.
Pick one team from each game week
|Game Week 1
Saturday 1 & 2 February
|Leicester City vs Chelsea
AFC Bournemouth vs Aston Villa
Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United
Liverpool vs Southampton
Newcastle Utd vs Norwich City
Watford vs Everton
West Ham Utd vs Brighton
Manchester Utd vs Wolves
Burnley vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Manchester City
|Game Week 2
Saturday 8 – Monday 17 February
|Everton vs Crystal Palace [8th]
Brighton vs Watford
Manchester City vs West Ham [9th]
Sheffield Utd vs AFC Bournemouth
Wolves vs Leicester City [14th]
Southampton vs Burnley [15th]
Norwich vs Liverpool
Aston Villa vs Tottenham [16th]
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Chelsea vs Manchester Utd [17th]
|Game Week 3
Saturday 22 – Monday 24 February
|Chelsea vs Tottenham
Burnley vs AFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace vs Newcastle Utd
Sheffield Utd vs Brighton
Southampton vs Aston Villa
Leicester vs Man City
Man Utd vs Watford
Wolves vs Norwich
Arsenal vs Everton
Liverpool vs West Ham
|Game Week 4
Friday 28 February – Sunday 1 March
|Norwich vs Leicester City
Brighton vs Crystal Palace
Aston Villa vs Sheffield Utd
AFC Bournemouth vs Chelsea
Newcastle Utd vs Burnley
West Ham vs Southampton
Watford vs Liverpool
Everton vs Manchester Utd
Manchester City vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Wolves
|Game Week 5
Saturday 7 March – Monday 9 March
|Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal vs West Ham
Crystal Palace vs Watford
Sheffield Utd vs Norwich
Southampton vs Newcastle Utd
Wolves vs Brighton
Burnley vs Tottenham
Chelsea vs Everton
Manchester Utd vs Manchester City
Leicester City vs Aston Villa
|Game Week 6
Saturday 14 – Monday 16 March
| Watford vs Leicester
Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace
Brighton vs Arsenal
Man City vs Burnley
Newcastle vs Sheffield Utd
Norwich vs Southampton
Aston Villa vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Wolves
Spurs vs Man Utd
Everton vs Liverpool
Rules – Terms and Conditions
- Entry fee to the competition is £10. 50s Club Members can purchase two entries for £15.
- There is no limit on how many times you can enter the competition before the closing date.
- Winning prize money will total 50% of the competition income. The remaining 50% goes to Ballynahinch United Football Club to help fund equipment, resources, developments, donations and club running costs.
- Select one team to win from the Premier League fixtures each week. All selections must be in before kick-off of the first match of the weekend.
- If your selection wins, you progress to the next level. Lose or draw and you are OUT.
- Each team may only be selected once during the 10 fixture lists. Once a team selection is made you will not be able to change it. Rounds of fixtures may take place on weekends or mid-week.
- Initial selections must be submitted no later than Saturday 1 February at 12.30pm.
- After GW 4, if you’re still in the competition you will be expect to choose another team from the next set of fixtures. Send your selection to our Facebook page, firstname.lastname@example.org or tell a committee member before kick-off of the first match of that game week.
- If you forget to pick a team, you’ll automatically get the first team alphabetically that you’ve yet to pick, starting with AFC Bournemouth.
- If a match involving a team you selected is postponed or cancelled for any reason, you will continue to the next round. However, that team will no longer be available for you to pick in the following rounds.
- Last Man Standing continues until only one person remains and wins the pot. If all remaining players lose their match in a round together, they all go through to the next round.
- Progress of the competition will be posted on the club’s social media or website or clubhouse.
- Your entry to the competition is considered your acceptance of our game rules.
- The decision of the club committee is final in all matters relating to this competition.
- If you win, BUFC will arrange payment with you using the details provided on your entry form.
- If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into BUFC’s funds after six months.